At Remington Products, we are dedicated to limiting the adverse effects we have on the planet, including the environment, natural resources, and its’ people. We strive to positively impact our employees, the economy, and our local communities. From raw materials to production, our focus is environmentally conscious manufacturing that promotes strong economic, social, and environmental systems.
As a diverse, international organization, we seek to be responsible and accountable, not only on a corporate level, but with each of our facilities, and every one of our employee-owners. Driven by innovation, we aim to identify and implement best practices, while continuously improving our processes.
Sustainability is not just a list of objectives to us, but is part of our core business efforts and ingrained in our culture. From long-term planning to daily operations, these values are considered in every decision we make and everything we do. As part of our culture, our employees are empowered to uphold these values. Employees are also encouraged to be involved and active in local events to promote a stronger community.
Remington Products believes that in order to protect our future, we must make the right decisions today. We are committed to taking steps to reduce waste at the source by having practices in place throughout our company. Listed below are a few examples of these practices found in various departments.
Remington Products' Green Initiatives
- Research and Development
- Finding new engineering methods and techniques
- Evaluating potentially viable environmentally-friendly materials
- Procurement and Vendor Relations
- Selecting new business partners with similar environmental and social policies
- Evaluating certifications and reputable associations with environmental and social interest to identify future business partners
- Ensuring responsible sourcing compliance with new and current vendors
- Manufacturing and Operations
- Modifying production and/or processes to improve efficiency
- Optimizing energy systems, including lighting and water
- Implementing reusable solutions instead of one time use items, where applicable
- Minimizing waste generation and enabling recycling methods, where available
- Optimizing packing and shipping methods
- Using shipping cartons made with recycled materials
- Reusing shipping materials, where applicable
Recycled and Eco-Friendly Materials
Remington Products works with its’ customers to meet their project needs for more environmentally-friendly materials. We work with our vendors to offer an array of suitable alternatives and, in some cases, superior materials for certain characteristics like durability, abrasion control, protection, or comfort.
We can assist with material selection and incorporate a variety of recycled, pre or post-consumer, and/or eco-friendly materials into your project, such as:
- Made with recycled materials, such as plastic bottles; leather alternatives, cork
- Made with an array of recycled content, such as recycled rubber or cork
- Made with recycled materials or renewable resources; compostable; RoHS compliant
For more information about the materials we work with, visit our Materials page.
Company-Wide Sustainability Standards and Awards
Remington Products is committed to leveraging opportunities that mitigate our adverse effects on the environment. As such, we promote our sustainability standards company-wide by incorporating these standards into our culture, as well as facilitating environmental and social awareness training. We carefully monitor and evaluate the effects of our initiatives and adhere to industry-set regulations as standards.
More about Industry Standards
For environmental performance, the accepted standards are specified under ISO 14001. Remington Products is certified for ISO 14001:2015, the newest set of standards which establishes the requirements for an environmental management system. Having this certification emphasizes a companies’ commitment to environmental initiatives and demonstrates compliance with current and future regulatory requirements.
For social accountability, the recognized standards are defined under SA 8000. Remington International is certified for SA 8000:2014, the newest set of standards for social performance. This certification addresses issues such as child labor, health and safety, discrimination, and remuneration, allowing an organization to demonstrate its’ commitment to human rights and ensure compliance with global social responsibility standards.
We not only have in place internal audit and compliance systems, but have also completed 3rd party and external audits to meet the compliance requirements of clients from small operations to large retail chains. Also, since 2015, we have been recognized as a Responsible Footwear Manufacturer. This designation is given to nominated manufacturers who uphold the FDRA (Footwear Distributors and Retailers of America) Footwear Production Code of Conduct. Remington Products is the only US manufacturer to be awarded this designation, among a short list of foreign manufacturers.
For more information about Remington’s policies, certifications, and awards, visit our Distinctions page.
For assistance, please Contact Us.